Saturday, March 19, 2011

Welcome Spring! and friends...

This warm weather has got me chillin'.
Listening to my Bob Marley radio station on Pandora, sitting out in the sun, tanning, spring cleaning... the works.

Today I spent the whole day procrastinating, rather than studying.
which lead to a laundry basket full of clean clothes, new found jewelry,
and a really clean bathroom.

It also lead to the realization that with this lovely weather coming back, there are also other things to welcome back. Not-so-good things, such as, critters.

When I was spring cleaning I decided to put fresh sheets on my bed, I threw the pillows across the room and stripped the bed.
I was feeling good, feeling responsible, feeling mature..
When all of a sudden
there came this huge cockroach running across my mattress!!

So of course I screamed in hopes that my roommate would come save me.
But she didn't even hear me.

So I screamed louder as I ran and got my brand new super cute boots.
I hopped on the bed and got in attack position.

Feet apart, knees bent, eyes on the enemy.

The cockroach stopped in its tracks, looking up at me like Dr. Grant in Jurassic Park. You know what I'm talking about, when he comes face to face with the dinosaur.

"Don't move, it can't see us if we don't move."

But I've got to be honest I didn't know who was who in this situation. Am I the dinosaur? or is the cockroach the dinosaur? We both could attack at any moment.
But we both stayed frozen.
"His visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move."

But then it became clear to me, as I gained my balance on the bed and pounded my Justin boot down on the critter - I am the dinosaur!
and I wanted to shout:
I Am Woman. Hear Me Roar.

Unfortunately I did more of a girly screech as I ran to get toilet paper to scoop him off my super cute boot.

Also I had completely moved the mattress in this battle with the cockroach and ended up standing on the box spring causing my foot to rip through the fabric, leaving me to look a whole lot less graceful in the attack. It was actually kind of pitiful.

So here begins the welcoming of spring time, and so starts the war with the cockroaches.
Bring. It. On.
[angry face]

2 comments:

XLMIC said...

I hate cockroaches! Luckily, we don't hardly ever see any where we live. But we do get silverfish... which are also nasty. I hope you don't have any more encounters w/ that squished roach's brethren!

Patti S. said...

Marj, you're hilarious! I love the way you write, I can just picture the whole scenerio! <3 you!