Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fam(ily)


There I was, chilling with my hot, glow-in-the-dark, fake ray-ban sunglasses feeling like I could ignore the world and still be loved. Because these shades are that cool.
----------------
I just recently got these amazing sunglasses. Hardly anyone knows about their amazingness, because it has to be completely dark to see it.
That's right, they're glow in the dark.

I am totally pumped about them, by the way.

I'm not sure what it is about these sunglasses that gets to me. I don't know if it's the irony of them, the complete randomness of them, or the fact that they were free.
But either way, I'm in.


For Fall Break I spent a few days at home chilling my good friends, catching up with my ever-growing small town, and visiting my family.

One night, my mom and I were on our third Mary-Kate and Ashley movie when I saw my sunglasses just sitting there. The little kid that I am, of course I jumped up and begged my mom to come see them glow in the dark! My brother was playing with his fancy Cannon (insert number) camera, so I asked him if he would come and try to get a picture of it.
It didn't take much convincing, but it took us several tries to find a room dark enough. We walked room to room until we found the perfect room.
And when we did, it was amazing.
We laughed and laughed at the sight of neon sunglasses just floating in the pitch black space.
This made me realize that I have so much more than amazing sunglasses in my life. My family, is, amazing.
The fact that my mom & brother took the time to see what I was so excited about.
The fact that they got as in to my sunglasses as I was.
The fact that my mom watched three Mary Kate and Ashley movies in a row with me.

My family cares enough about me to care about my sunglasses.
They care about what I care about, because they care about me? A lot of people don't have that, and I am just really, really glad that I made it home to experience it once again.

1 comment:

Poof said...

Awwwwwww! I love having you back home! We always have ..... wait...ahhh... ahhhh... excuse me.... "Fnaaaa!!"